Glammed up Coffee Tables would have to be one of the biggest trends hitting instagram feeds at the moment. Tables well placed with a sleek tray, a couple of decorative objects, a gorgeous vase with fresh flowers and a little stack of books. Ranging from fashion to travel, design or the latest cookbook, these well illustrated hardcover books are a pleasure to flip through and also provide another element to lounge rooms with their exquisitely photographed covers. We don't have a coffee table at the moment - a large ottoman fills that space and we're in the midst of building one for our second lounge, but I can assure you my addiction for coffee table books is still way up there. While not quite as sturdy as a table, using the ottoman as a coffee table has been working just fine for the display of pretty items. Using a tray we have been utilising the space for display while still not missing out on the comfort of putting our feet up. The added benefit is, all our display items can easily be removed by placing the tray elsewhere, giving us a few extra seats when entertaining.
Being such a big part of current trends in coffee table decorating, today I’m going to share with you some of my favourite coffee table books. When considering purchasing one of these books it is also important to choose decorative literature that reflects your taste, hobbies, passions and personality - whether that's cooking, home décor, travel or fashion - choose what you love to get the most enjoyment our of this centrepiece. All these below titles have a special place in my heart so I absolutely love having any of them on display.
1. The Bathers' Pavilion By Serge Dansereau - Earlier this year, our wedding was at Bather's Pavilion, I was absolutely delighted to discover this book a few months later. It is filled with beautiful recipes and images that bring back memories from the best day of my life.
2. Easy Luxury by Darren Palmer - Easily my favourite designer, Darren Palmer is not only extremely talented but is also a really nice guy. He's the type of designer I aspire to be and his style is always spot on.
3. Style by Lauren Conrad - While Darren Palmer is my design icon, Lauren Conrad is my style icon. I'm an avid follower of her blog and her two books, Style and Beauty are equally beautiful and practical.
4. Luxury Private Islands by Farhad Vladi - Tropical beach holidays are my favourite type of holiday, whether its to Thailand, The Maldives or the North Coast of Australia they are always the most refreshing and enjoyable for me. This book, is filled with gorgeous photos of private islands, and is like a mini daydream escape, or source of inspiration for the next getaway.
5. Andrew & Olivia by Me - I've saved the best for last! This would be my favourite coffee table book, and something I highly recommend doing. Making your own coffee table book, filled with images from special days, travel, family or friends is not only a great talking point, but a wonderful way to capture and share. I created our book through Blurb and I could not speak highly enough of the quality and service.